5 Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Work Injuries

Like it or not, most people must go to work each day. Whether that job entails sitting at a desk, working in a service role, or being involved in construction, the threat of injury is always present. If such an occurrence happens, knowing what to do can be overwhelming. Ranked as one of the top injury law firms in NH, our team at Feniger and Uliasz is here to help.

This article delves into the top five questions that we hear when work injury cases are brought to our office.

injury law firms NH


When should I report my injury to my employer?

You should report your injury as soon as it happens. In cases of overuse or occupational disease, you should speak with your employer as soon as you become aware that your medical condition is work-related. 

Do I still get paid by my employer if I get injured at work?

No, once you sustain an injury at work that causes a disability, you will be paid 60% of your average weekly wage. Further, you may not get paid for the first three days out of work, and payment may be delayed. Insurance companies have 21 days to decide whether to accept or reject your claim. If your claim is denied, you will not receive any money and will need to request a hearing.

Can my employer fire me?

New Hampshire is an at-will state. This means that your job is not protected in the event of a work-related injury. However, the law does provide for reinstatement in some cases. If you feel that you may be wrongfully dismissed, the best path is to contact a trusted injury law firm.

What benefits can I receive if I am injured at work?

In New Hampshire, your rights if injured on the job include payment of medical bills related to the injury, wage benefits (indemnity benefits), compensation for permanent impairment, and, in some cases, vocational assistance to obtain a new job.

Do I get money for pain and suffering in my workers’ compensation claims?

No, the workers’ compensation law does not provide for pain and suffering. However, if your injury was caused by someone other than your employer, you may be able to recover money for pain and suffering.       



At Feniger and Uliasz, our team takes pride in being one of the top NH injury law firms. For over three decades, we have provided straightforward answers and legal representation for those injured on the job. 


To schedule your free consultation, please contact our office today by calling (603) 627-5997.


Our law firm started in the 1980’s and our skilled attorneys bring with them decades of experience in providing clients with the best possible legal representation. Our practice areas include Personal Injury, Workers Compensation, Condominium Law, Business Law, and Real Estate Law.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply